By the time you’ve started reading this article you have already decided whether or not you are onboard with its premise. Kanye West might not be a “genius” nor a “fashion god” but to be honest, all I want is the Kanye x A.P.C. line for this fall season, which has officially begun (in the northern hemisphere). Unfortunately I’m still a few years shy of dropping $3k on an oversized fur-lined parka, but that doesn’t mean I can’t improvise, taking a hint from the rapper who wrote: “You don’t see just how wild the crowd is? You don’t see just how fly my style is?”
I do see you Yeezy. I see you.
Things Kanye approves of:
• Light washed blue jeans, preferably pre-ripped because fashion is now.
• Oversized coats, jackets, and parkas, preferably featuring animal anatomy incl. leather, fur, wool.
• A lightweight sweater or shirt tied around the waist, non-functional of course because you’re wearing a functional one on your back already.
• Monochromatic outfits, to eliminate potential for errors in colour-pairing.
• Camel suede desert boots or black Timbs. You decide.
Every day I walk to work, passing the A.P.C. Surplus store on Perry in the West Village. For whatever reason I’ve never been inside. I just look as I walk past, knowing that the day I go in I’ll be going in to buy. I’m just not a fan of being intimidated by empty stores with sales staff watching me as I walk around looking at products I’m not planning to buy. Instead of browsing bricks-and-mortar stores, I’ve been searching online for the right parka, and the right pair of jeans, and the right pair of boots that I plan to live in for the fall and winter. Given the polar-vortex that consumed New York over last winter, I am preparing myself for the worst, starting with a Kanye-status snow-ready parka. Drop a comment below if you find something dope that I should check out for the Autumn season.